Saturday, April 7, 2007

What a match it was!

It is unbelievable but true! But then, who gave Team India any chance of winning the 1983 World Cup? It is a celebration, yet again, of glorious uncertainties that are an integral part of the game of cricket! I am willing to eat my words but then, I had also said in my earlier post that South Africa is not likely to make it to the final. Some saving grace, that! This Bangladesh team is going places. But, I still do not seriously think South Africa will be out of the last four.
The Bangla win gives me one more reason to believe Dav Whatmore is the best choice as coach for India, if he agrees and especially because Ravi Shastri may not be able carry on for long, given his media commitments. Whatmore has really made his boys believe in themselves. That is what exactly a coach has to do. Nothing more, nothing less. Team India does not lack in talent, what it lacks is self-belief. Let us hope for the best!

2 comments:

Aswin Kini said...

Good one dude! I too believe that Dave Whatmore should be the coach, but considering the fact that he is still with Bangladesh and also that Amarnath and other former indian players are also a part of the race, i would doubt if Whatmore can make it.
Why don't you write more about teh Great Man Robin Singh, who has been appointed as the fielding coach. I would have liked him to be the coach of the Indian cricket team. PLease give me your opinion.

Unknown said...

Hey there...Dav has certainly got the experience to manage our team...however lets see how Shastri contributes his bit...The best part about the whole aspect is that we would get to see a fresh team...which would anywayz lift the spirits as everyone would be eager to prove themselves..cheers